Post Exams

01:39:00



Today, my friend Cates and I decided to meet up and hang out by the beach to shop and eat food (because what else do girls do?). It was such a fun time catching up with her and she's honestly one of the most intelligent people I've ever had the chance to meet. Interestingly enough, midway through our little escapade, we met an old man who started talking to us. Out of the blue, he pulls a bible out of his bag and asks us if we believe in The Lord. Both Cates and I give each other a look and reluctantly nod. Now, don't get me wrong, I love it when people talk about their religion with me because it's nice to see a different perspective but I really hate those who try to enforce their beliefs on someone-which is exactly what this man did. I told him I wasn't Christian and didn't have the need for a bible (the man legit tried to give us some), to which he then replied by saying "You can't go to heaven without Jesus". To make matters worse, he made poor Cates read a verse from the New Testament out loud in front of a dozen or so people. Eventually he left-though not before handing Cates a bible and praising her for 'believing in Jesus'- which made both of us sigh in relief.

Strange old men and stories aside, this outfit I'm wearing honestly reminds me a bit of the 90's and grunge mixed together. Lately, I've seen a lot of people wear spaghetti-strapped dresses over plain white t-shirts and to me, that looked really cool. So, I decided to follow trend for once in my life (something which I don't normally do) and wear this A-line scrappy dress over a white tee. Honestly, this makes the outfit look much more casual and dare I say; teenage(y)? I think the main point of this outfit is the purple sunglasses as they bring everything together and make the photo more colourful. I also really love the simple black thick strand choker as it goes with so many things and adds a touch of grunge/retro to your look. Of course, the messy hair comes as a bonus with every outfit I wear, so there's nothing much that can be done about it. 









Dress- Factorie
Simple White Tee- Cotton On
Choker- Farmers
Sunglasses- Factorie
Shoes- Asos


Cates got so many compliments for her outfit that I felt like a proud mother. Although that's not much of a surprise since she's highly trendy and also an aspirin eco-friendly fashion designer. Also, if you look carefully, you can see Cates holding the bible in one photo-which she dutifully lugged around throughout the whole day.






Cates' White Tee- Self-made
Shoes- Adidas
Dress- Unknown 
Sunglasses- Unknown

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. You two look lovely! Love the sunglasses <3
    Thays

    www.simplythays.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The view is gorgeous!!!
    Nice outfits girls!
    www.stayclassi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pictures, love your outfit! :)
    xx,
    http://alittledropofstyle.blogspot.dk/2016/12/swan.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Christian and I'm sorry that man made you feel uncomfortable. I would have felt the same way to be approached out of nowhere like that. But that aside, you're rocking this trend! :)

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete