Around the World: India

16:27:00







I started a new series. I know, I know, go ahead and tell me that my posts are about as inconsistent as Trump's policies, but this one is easy maintenance. Why? Well, first of all, this is new series is called Around the World (AW) which is basically going to be me posting all the details about my new trip and pretending I'm a travel blogger (I like to think I am). Here's the thing, I don't travel much (I'm in my last year of highschool, leave me be) so I'm not even going to pretend like I'll be country hopping or writing posts by the minute. But regardless, this will be a very fun series to write and document, mainly because I love travelling and sharing my experiences in new places with all my readers. 



Let's start with the only country I consistently travel to each year: India. 



This time, my trip to India was filled with fun, laughter and a lot of eating! Basically, the holiday that everyone wants. It was, also, uncharacteristically long, lasting around 2 months and a bit because my parents forgot to book our return flights in advance. Needless to say, I was getting a bit anxious to reach home by the time the last few days came around. Nevertheless, during this trip, I not only learned a lot about the country that I was born in, but also a lot about myself. Perhaps the most memorable part of my stay in India was when we explored Jaipur. Properly. Aside from the overcrowding and constant traffic, Jaipur has to be one of my favourite cities ever! It's the perfect mix of contemporary and conventional, with patches of 18th-century architecture amongst the modern buildings. 



The best place to stay in Jaipur would definitely be a haveli- a tradional Rajasthani palace which is quite small. The one I stayed at was  Umaid Bhawan


This is one of the first havelis we went to. I have no idea what it's called, except for the fact that it is aesthetically very pleasing. Someone help me out!




Then, comes the most beautiful palace I've ever seen: Amber Fort. It has amazing views, and even more amazing architecture. To me, it seemed like a step back in time where all the Kings and Queens were still alive. This is definitely one of the 'Must See's in Jaipur. 


 Catch the best views of the city from Nahargarh Fort, which is located on a hill and is a good distance away from the hustle bustle of the city. 


You can't come to Jaipur without visiting the Hawa Mahal: the official icon of the 'Pink City'. Unfortunately, it's not always as isolated as pictures make it out to be.


Enjoy this random photo of me contemplating life 


Aside from visiting Jaipur, I also spent quite a lot of time flitting between Chandigarh and Pinjore, both of which lie somewhere in the middle of Punjab and Haryana. One of my key highlights was watching the new Stars Wars movie in 3D with a screen bigger than any in NZ. Of course, trying all the new cuisine was another favourite. In fact, I had waffles for the first time ever and let me tell you: they are absolutely delicious! 


here's me enjoying my waffles at Elante Mall



Here's me at our house in India, pretending to be a Renaissance painting.

You Might Also Like

1 comments